In this new feature, we ask our team members some quick, fun questions to show a little spotlight on the staff that makes IMI great.
My favorite aspect of association management is:
Seeing how multiple associations operate and getting ideas from colleagues about what has been done and has worked and what hasn’t.
On my desk right now:
- Past conference program guides and registration brochures.
- 20 Year Calendar…a must-have for conference planners!
- Hotel floor plans and contracts for my upcoming locations.
My favorite blogs:
I’m not really into blogs but will I get extra points if I say IMI’s blog?
My media mix:
So I’m big into current events whether it be international, US, celebrity, sporting events…you name it, I’ve read or watched about it!
What I’m reading:
Lately it’s just been magazines but my go-to’s are usually memoirs or biographies.
Who to follow on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram:
Who to not follow…I follow celebrities, athletes, runners, local stores and restaurants, puppy & kitten related posts, funny memes. I even have some friends that I follow. It’s all Facebook & Instagram for me (and Snapchat).
What I do when not at work:
- Running in every run club in town – I enjoy the social aspect and the exercise.
- Being outdoors in some capacity…laying by the pool, hiking, drinks and dinner al fresco.
- Watching basketball and football (during the season) with friends.
If I weren’t in association management, I’d:
I would love to work at a National Park and be outside all day, giving tours, hiking, enjoying the beautiful scenery. On a family trip out West when I was younger, I played “park ranger” for my family and have been hooked ever since. After a visit to Yosemite several years ago, I just can’t ever get enough.
Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today. –Benjamin Franklin
For more about Jessica, don’t forget to check out her full bio on the IMI website!